How to Halter Break your Lamb to Lead
- Start while the lamb is small! Breaking a lamb is a lot of work, and the larger they get the more difficult this can becomes.
- Work up to your lamb standing for about 30 minutes.
- Allow lamb to stand on trim stand and step off while supervised. This process allows lambs to learn the consequences of stepping off the stand. Again, make sure you are supervising the process.
- Encourage them to walk! Remember, two will usually walk better than one.
- Grab a buddy and make halter breaking a two-person job – one to pull and one to push!
- Always keep the lamb's head at show ring height.
- Stay patient and keep practicing.